The “Shanghai Disneyland” theme park in China, a business venture between the Walt Disney Company and the Chinese government since 2010, remains on lockdown in response to China’s current pandemic of ‘Covid-19’ cases:
“Due to the current pandemic situation, “Shanghai Disney Resort” including ‘Shanghai Disneyland’, ‘Disneytown’ and “Wishing Star Park will be temporarily closed.
“We will continue to monitor the pandemic situation and consult local authorities, and will notify guests as soon as we have a confirmed date to resume operations. We apologize for the inconvenience and will provide refund or exchange for all guests impacted during this period. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation! We look forward to seeing you soon…”
Following a deal signed in 2010, the park opened June 16, 2015 covering an area of 1.5 sq mile, costing 24.5 billion, with Chinese investors holding 57% and Disney holding the remaining 43%.
The park has seven themed areas including ‘Mickey Avenue’, "Gardens of Imagination", "Fantasyland", "Treasure Cove", "Adventure Isle", "Tomorrowland" and "Toy Story Land".
Click the images to enlarge…