Take a look @ the June 2016 home video releases from cult movie specialists Arrow Video US, via MVD Entertainment Group, including "Nikkatsu Diamond Guys Vol 2 on Blu-ray + DVD, June 14, "Suture" on Blu-ray + DVD, June 21 and "Return Of The Killer Tomatoes" on Blu-ray, June 28:
"Nikkatsu Diamond Guys Vol 2" available June 14, 2016, includes three classic films from directors Buichi Saito ("Lone Wolf and Cub: Baby Cart in Peril"), Ko Nakahira ("Crazed Fruit") and Haruyasu Noguchi.
In Saito's "Tokyo Mighty Guy" : "...Akira Kobayashi stars as 'Jiro' , a chef who opens a restaurant in the busy 'Ginza' district. His culinary skills and dashing good looks bring in the women as well as unwanted trouble, while an explosive political scandal builds around his girlfriend's business.
In Nakashira's "Danger Pays", actor Joe Shishido ("Massacre Gun", "Retaliation") stars in a crime caper about counterfeiting:
"...when one billion yen goes AWOL, 'Joe the Ace' (Shishido) spies an opportunity to get rich quick, but things soon go wrong as it turns out he isn't the only one who'll stop at nothing to get his hands on the missing cash.
Shishido also stars in Noguchi's "Murder Unincorporated": "...when the mysterious 'Joe of Spades' kills one of the bosses of a powerful syndicate, his colleagues, fearing for their own lives, call on the services of 'Murder Unincorporated' to take care of the problem. ure some of Nikkatsu's leading talent at the top of their game.
SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
- Limited Edition Blu-ray collection (3000 copies)
- High Definition digital transfers of all three films in this collection, from original film elements by the Nikkatsu Corporation
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation
- Original uncompressed mono audio
- Newly translated English subtitles
- Specially recorded video discussions with Japanese cinema expert Jasper Sharp on "Diamond Guys"' Jo Shishido and Akira Kobayashi
- Original trailers for all three films
- Extensive promotional image galleries for all films
- Reversible sleeve featuring brand new artwork by Graham Humphreys
- Booklet featuring new writing on all the films and director profiles by Stuart Galbraith IV, Tom Mes and Mark Schilling
"Suture", from executive producer Steven Soderbergh, available June 21, 2016 is the feature debut of writer-directors David Siegel and Scott McGehee:
"...the wealthy and self-assured 'Vincent' (Michael Harris) meets his blue collar half-brother 'Clay' (Dennis Haysbert) at their father's funeral and is struck by their similarity. He then decides to murder Clay to take his identity, but Clay survives the assassination attempt with no memory and is mistaken for Vincent. The fact that Harris is white and Haysbert is black only complicates a film that probes into the nature of identity.
DIRECTOR-APPROVED SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
- Brand new 4K restoration from the original camera negative
- High Definition (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD Presentations
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
- Audio commentary with writer-directors David Siegel and Scott McGehee
- All-new interviews with Siegel, McGehee, executive producer Steven Soderbergh, actor Dennis Haysbert, cinematographer Greg Gardiner, editor Lauren Zuckerman and production designer Kelly McGehee
- Deleted scenes
- "Birds Past", Siegel & McGehee's first short film, about two young San Franciscans who journey to Bodega Bay along the path set by Tippi Hedren in Hitchcock's classic, "The Birds".
- US theatrical trailer
- European theatrical trailer
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by maarko phntm
"Return Of The Killer Tomatoes", available June 28, 2016 follows 'The Vegetables Of Doom', as the 'killer tomatoes' are back, with actor George Clooney:
"...ten years on from the 'Great Tomato War', mankind lives in fear of another uprising by the waxy red menace. Meanwhile, 'Professor Gangreen' (John Astin) sets out to pursue his own evil ends by creating a burgeoning army of tomato militia men..."
SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- Original Stereo audio (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray)
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Brand new audio commentary with writer-director John De Bello
- Brand new interview with star Anthony Starke
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Matthew Griffin
- Fully-illustrated collector's booklet featuring new writing by critic James Oliver
Click the images to enlarge and Sneak Peek "Tokyo Mighty Guy" and "Return Of The Killer Tomatoes"...